Now six months removed from working on Rewire Attire…I thought it might be a good idea to “open source” the code. It’s not really open source in the traditional sense…it’s more like sharing or publishing the code.
The code relies heavily on Backbone.js, the Kohana PHP framework, the Bootstrap front-end framework and mustache logic-less templates. As with any project, there were several hurdles to overcome that required some creative code design. While not perfect, I’m proud of the work. If you’re using one of the above open source frameworks, hopefully the Rewire Attire code can be helpful for your project.
You can find the repositories in my GitHub account. Here are the links:
- https://github.com/timborden/www.rewireattire.com (consumer site)
- https://github.com/timborden/designer.rewireattire.com (designer site)
- https://github.com/timborden/stylist.rewireattire.com (stylist site)
- https://github.com/timborden/qwas.rewireattire.com (admin site)
- https://github.com/timborden/account.rewireattire.com (log in domain)
- https://github.com/timborden/rewireattire-common (common Kohana module shared by domains)
- https://github.com/timborden/rewireattire-media (common media respository shared by domains)
- https://github.com/timborden/rewireattire-database (database schema used by domains)
- https://github.com/timborden/rewireattire-deploy (deploy script used for domains)
This is not something I’ve ever done….so I’m curious what it will lead to….if anything at all.
Hope it helps….cheers!